Students will gain knowledge of payroll management including:
- Legislation relevant to payroll
- Recording of expenses and benefits
- Payments, timesheets, pay reviews and variances
- Payroll processes for holidays, absences and leavers
- Automatic enrolment and pensions
Your course includes:
- Free ICB 1-Year Annual Subscription and Registration fee (normally £80.00)
- Free Sage 50 Payroll Software for the course
HOW IT WORKS:
We provide you with support for up to twelve months but it is entirely up to you how quickly you work through and when you sit the exam. The course will take approx 90 hours to complete so if you average 5 hours a week study you will complete in around five months. Your sage software will be valid for six months so do not download it until you have completed the manual section of the course.
The exam is taken online from the comfort of your own home (or at work). If you prefer not to take the exam a certificate is issued proving completion of the course. However, you will not gain the qualification without completing the exam.
Your course materials are delivered to you hard copy and are yours to keep allowing you to make notes, highlight things etc.
Throughout the course you are fully supported so if you come across anything you are unsure of you can contact your tutor by email. You also have a support team by telephone.
At the end of each section you will complete an assignment which you will email to your tutor. This doesn't count towards your end result but it allows the tutor to ensure you are on the right track and help iron out any problem areas. Assignments consist of exam style questions so are effectively mini mock exams. The idea is that by the end of each section you are fully up to speed and confident you will be able to pass the exams.
There are no entry requirements but you must have an internet connection and a machine running Windows 7 or higher. The Sage Software will not run on any Apple Mac computer.
Topic 1: Manual Payroll
- Legislation PAYE, NI, Pensions and RTI
- Gross pay and statutory payments
- National Insurance Contributions
- PAYE and tax codes
- Statutory deductions, student loans and attachment of earnings
- Directors N.I. deductions
- Expense and Benefits in Kind (BIK)
- Construction Industry Scheme
- Payroll forms in a payroll system
Topic 2: Computerised Payroll
- Installation of Sage 50 payroll
- Setting up and configuration
- Company set up and access rights
- Employee records set up
- Payroll processing
- Timesheet entry
- Pay review and variances
- Record Holidays and absences
- Process payrolls with holidays and absences
- Processing new employees
- Personnel records
- Pensions and auto-enrolment
- Bonuses, attachment of earning and statutory pay
- Payroll year end
EXAMS AND ASSESSMENT
The exam can be taken at anytime online from home or at work. This is paid for separately with the cost being £61.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) is the world's largest bookkeeping body. The ICB was started in the UK in 1996 and now has over 150,000 members. The ICB aims to provide relevant and academically recognised qualifications as well as promote and maintain the standards of bookkeeping as a profession.
Qualification: Level 3 Diploma in Payroll Management
Awarding Body: ICB (Institute of Certified Bookkeepers)
Support: 12 months
Study Time: Approx 90 hours
Amazing customer service!
I enquired about a course late on 3/4 and had a phonecall and text message the morning of 4/4 and by lunchtime I was enrolled and ready to start! I completed my enrollment with Anthony via telephone who was really friendly, patient, helpful and positive. Thank you!
You can choose to pay in full or monthly. If you choose monthly your first payment will be £99, then a direct debit will be set up for EIGHT monthly payments of £50. (Only available to students with a UK bank account).
Request course information